Almost Finished...

Wednesday

Last weekend was a flurry, but I managed to find some quiet times for stitching while my husband flipped channels between football and the World Series in Baseball. 

Two days ago, I took the last stitches in "Quaker Faith" (Little by Little Designs).  Here is a photo of my piece, before it goes off to the framer.
I love the colours in this piece.  In the original design, only the last two numbers in the year, for example, (10) instead of (2010), were used.  In a recent newsletter from Nordic Needle, there was an article describing the importance of  always signing your initials and the actual year on all of your stitching pieces, because it makes them more valuable as heirlooms to be passed on to future generations.  So, I decided to place the "20" at the top of the piece and the "10" is placed exactly where it is seen on the original design.  My husband's initials (BNR) are in the lower right hand part of the piece. 

When "Quaker Faith" comes back from my framer, I will be sure to post a finished photo on my blog!
The history behind my love of all the Quaker designs, as I may have mentioned in a previous post, is that I am a direct descendent of William Penn, and my youngest brother is named William Penn.  My grandmother's name was Margaret Penn, and William Penn's mother's name was Margaret too.  One of our sons lives in Pennsylvania, and we love touring around when we are there, seeing many places, buildings, churches, and museums which bear plaques, noting William Penn's many contributions to the founding, settling and establishment of the first governments in Pennsylvania.  We find all of it very interesting indeed!



"And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yeilding fruit, whose seed was in inself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good".  (Genesis 1:12)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Popular Posts