"MYSTERY SAMPLER" FROGGING!

Monday


My dear husband and I are about to depart for a few days with some dear friends, for a little getaway.  They have a family member who offered the use of their cottage, on the coast, and we are so excited!  The weather is supposed to be very hot, sunny and with clear skies.  What could be more perfect?  


As I was packing up my stitching bag, I decided to take a few pictures of my "Mystery Sampler" progress, or lack there-of, in some ways.  You see, I made a very unfortunate mistake with my stitching this past week......   Well, read on, and then you'll know the "whole story"....
Meet "Froggy".
He is a treasure, given to me
by my Grandmother.  I was intrigued by him
as a little girl, and recall playing
with him at her house.
So, what does "Froggy" have to do with
my stitching?

Froggy needed to play a little game of
"Rip-It, Rip-It" on my
"Mystery Sampler" border this week!

It seems that I had mistakenly stitched the top LEFT
floral border two threads lower than the design!
Imagine my dismay when I thought that
I was about to take my last stitches and my
border would be complete!























"Froggy" sitting proudly under
the area that he helped me to
"Rip" out, and re-stitch.

Thank you, dear Froggy!



After the repair work was complete,
I happily started working on
Part II of the lovely alphabet.
I'm not sure what is so peaceful and intriguing
about stitching alphabets, but they are
always a favorite part of most of the needlework
that I choose to stitch.

Must be part of the old fashioned, Victorian
woman
lingering in my soul.

Blessings in Stitches!












































































Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Popular Posts