Stitching & Snow Falling Again

Monday

Snow is falling, softly outside again...so peaceful and gentle as it touches the earth.  I love these quiet and peaceful wintry days.  Call me one of those crazy people who absolutely loves the snow!  I am a true snow bunny for sure!


There is nothing more peaceful on a snowy day, than to take up one's needle and thread and do a little stitching, right?  After much pondering about how I wanted to finish my very first design for 2013, I decided to create a hanging pillow with some lace that I had purchased a while ago, and some old buttons.

                                'Heaven & Nature Sing'
                                   By Brenda Gervais
                            With Thy Needle & Thread

                     (Picture This Plus 36 Count Linen)
                       Used Recommended Threads

                          Old Button Finish on Lace

Of course, after every finish, we are already dreaming about what the newest start will be!  I have had this precious baby sampler design in my stash for a very long time, just waiting for a sweet little someone so that I could stitch it.
This will be for the first granddaughter of a very dear friend.  The thread colors are so soft and delicate, and the design will be finished with tiny little seed beads.  It is difficult to read the sweet sentiment in this picture, but I will save that for you to see when it is stitched.

Here is my progress today so far....
The thread is really a very soft pale green, even though it looks rather a gray color here.

I have just baked a dozen corn muffins, complete with little bits of corn inside of them, and they are cooling.  They will be the perfect accompaniment to some vegetable beef soup that I made for dinner tonight.
They smell so yummy that I am almost tempted to have one with my tea right now!  In fact, that sounds like a wonderful idea!  

Well, dear friends, I wish that you could drop over to share a muffin and some tea with me, and we could sit a while and stitch and watch the snow gently falling.  What a lovely thought.....

I think of you so often, and always look forward to the times that we share our lives, our stitching, and the times of our lives together.  It is a rare and special gift that our lives continue to weave with one another, through the threads that bind us all together.

Blessings & Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Popular Posts