Counting Our Blessings

Monday

Victoria Sampler "Hands to Work - Hearts to God"
When times are difficult and there is so much uncertainty about so many aspects of our lives in these times, it is not surprising to forget about all of the blessings for which we can be thankful.  If you are like me, some days I feel overwhelmed and find myself slipping into a mood of discontent and grumbling about this and that.  But when I stop to consider all of the many blessings that God has bestowed upon me and my loved ones, my heart gives way to "thankfulness".

Since many of our grown children are not able to be with us for Thanksgiving this year, we decided that we would make dinner for my elderly parents in Connecticut.  What was to be just a very small gathering of 5 of us, has mushroomed into a rather large group of my siblings and spouses and a few of the great grandchildren.  As one by one,  word made its' way around to all of the siblings about our plans, others decided that it would be a wonderful way to give thanks....for the many blessings of a loving and wonderful family, gathering together on Thanksgiving Day!

So, we will put our many "hands together" and all make the traditional Thanksgiving dinner, and thank God for His gift of faith, a loving family, hope for the future and gratefulness for being together.  But most of all we will give thanks to God for all of His abundant blessings, too numerous to count...

"Honor the Lord with your possessions, and with the firstfruits of all your increase; so your barns will be filled with plenty and your vats will overflow with new wine."  (Proverbs 3:9-10)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Popular Posts