"My Stitching Nest"

Wednesday

When I went for a little walk this morning, the winter winds let me know that the temperatures are still a little "frigid" here in New England, but the warm sun hit my cheeks, and I looked up and smiled.  It felt so good, and I was thankful for a beautiful day in the middle of February!  I am one of those true New England girls who loves winter, even though many of my friends call me crazy, but it is a time for doing quiet things indoors without feeling guilty:)  So, I nestle into my "Stitching Nest", and happily do a little stitching on my latest WIP, sip on my favorite cup of tea, and sigh with happiness!
                                                    My "Stitching Nest"

On Saturday night, I finished stitching "Deepest Love", (Turquoise Graphics & Designs).  I am pleased with the way it came out, but haven't quite decided  if I want to frame it or turn it into a wallhanging with some coordinating quilting fabric.  Hmmm.....  One of my stitching friends, Ellen, is coming over in a few days for a "Stitching Day", so I am looking forward to sharing ideas with her.  Two heads together always makes for a better decision, in my opinion.  So will share with you, at a later date, what I have decided about my final finish.....

So, of course, on Sunday, I had itchy fingers to get started on a new project, and although it's a little late in the month to start a "February" project, I decided to start working on the Drawn Thread February "Mini Pocket Calendar Cover".  My LNS has been awaiting a shipment of Lavender Mist linen since the end of January, (which is called for in the design), but alas, the supplier has it backordered with no definite shipping dates!  So, I went hunting through my stash, and lo and behold, I found a large enough piece of 32 count Lavender Mist linen inside of another package, and it was large enough for both the original design, for which I purchased it, and just enough for my mini pocket calendar too!  Hurray!

I have decided to deviate a bit from the fibers recommended in the pattern and have chosen Vikki Clayton-Dyers' Hand-Dyed silks for my project.  They are very nice to work with, lovely colors and I really like the little spools on which they are wound...so nice and convenient to use and to store too.
This is a really fun design to do because there are both cross stitches and some drawn thread specialty stitches too, which makes it much more interesting and challenging to stitch.  I love designs with a little challenge to the stitching, don't you?  Well, I had best hurry up and finish this design quickly, because February is almost over.  Then I will begin stitching the March mini-pocket calendar cover.  I love seasonal designs, so these designs are right up my alley!

Where ever you are, thank you for visiting my stitching blog.  I love reading other stitching blogs too, and your comments really mean a lot to me.  Hope that your week has some peaceful moments to cherish, just for you, and some special time for stitching, of course!

(A Special Quote for the Day:  "  Be your highest self, your best self and inspire others always."  (G.B.)



Crossing in Stitches & Friendship With You!




                                                           
                                                                                                                   

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Popular Posts